The best way to blow a first date is to be snarky. A friend of mine recently comforted one of her Match.com courters, Ken, who said he just returned from the date that left him befuddled and mentally dismembered. His date, let’s call her Barbie, made an evening out of making fun of him, his political affiliation and attire.
Word to wise -crackin’ women. Men have feelings, too.
Throughout the evening Barbie called Ken “Rush” in the snarkiest tone equivalent to Roseanne Barr on a rant. When Ken tried to steer the conversation to neutral waters, she threw another bucket of barbs on him including berated him for not giving enough cash to a panhandler at the end of the night.
At the end of the evening, Ken excused himself to apply antiseptic to his wounds, and snarky Barbie got back online in search of more male prey to try to demoralize.
5- Point Barbie Bulletin
- If you are a member of the She-Woman Man Hater Club, or just in a bitch phase stick with Tivo. If you hate the male race that much save yourself the grief and find an activity that brings you joy, preferably not at the expense of another person.
- If political affiliation, religion, kids, smoking or watching NASCAR is a deal breaker, put it in your on-line bio or on the table upfront during your initial emails or phone calls.
- Try listening, talking and being open minded about sharing a movie or meal together without starting the War of the Roses on the initial dates. OF course, if you’re a bitter, snarky Barbie through and through, let ‘er rip because showing your true self is a form of full disclosure he should appreciate.
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, smile and chew. I once asked a businessman, if he had to work at being a dick or if it just came naturally. I regret letting that pop out of my mouth and since then let my anger simmer and cool before speaking.
- Give your date the benefit of the doubt instead of busting his chops. A male my friend had grown interested in told her via email that he’d be taking down his profile to resolve some things in his life therefore he wouldn’t be asking her out again or at least for awhile. The next day or so she saw his profile still live on the dating site and let him know she thought he was a liar or player. Truth was he hadn’t gotten to taking it down yet and was just getting ready to ask her out for a drink. Right before he got her snarky email.
Have you ever been snarky on a first date or with your lover? Tell us about it. What’s been your worst first date experience?
I don’t want to have to open a Match.com sister site called the Snark Tank.com to reform bad boomers.
Get Your Free Reinvent Your Look eBook!
I believe that you are experiencing the best time of your life right now.
In my new eBook I will show you timeless beauty tips used by legendary beauties like Cher, Tina Turner and Audrey Hepburn. Now is the time to flaunt yourself not hide yourself or make excuses!
The best part is that my new eBook is yours for Free.
Just enter your best email to tell me where to send it.
Category: Men & Dating