If you can’t see it, you can’t be it. So putting your dreams in front of your nose to look at every day on a vision board is a powerful exercise.
All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden
I worked alongside 20 women on a mission of health and wellness this weekend to paste my new vision board together. We shredded magazines for the right photos, headlines, quips, cues, and captions and left armed with a 14×14 visual map of what we wanted more of in our lives. (NOTE: I made bigger visual boards and find that it’s TMITM – too much information to manifest)
Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! Bob Marley
Sure you could be old school and write your goals in your day planner or worse yet carry it around in your head. However, most of us are visual people, we respond to what we see in front of us thus the power of a visual board also called a treasure map. Plus it’s so fun and easy.
1. Gather a huge stack of magazines and catalogs of all types (women’s, men’s, travel, cooking, pets, news, sports, yoga, you name it.
2. Gather scissors, a glue stick or double stick tape, and a trash can.
3. Start tearing out pages and words that speak to you. Don’t over think or analyze, just be a kid and make a huge stack of items that appeal to you.
4. Start placing them on the board and discard anything that no longer rocks your boat.
5. Organize and glue them to the board in a way that makes sense to you.
6. Leave white space in the center to glue a picture of you in the middle (optional but powerful).
7. Place your board where you can glance at it often daily. It could be in your office, your bathroom, and your kitchen, as a screen saver on your computer. Don’t file it or hide it behind a door
The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking. Mia Hamm
Don’t let life be a distraction to your dreams. Think of your vision board as your shield you can wield when things get hectic, messy, confusing, or so busy you think you’re weaving off course. Refocus daily by soaking in those images of what your want more of and it will indeed happen. It’s been proven time and time again by people who pull out their older boards that they see in their lives what they pasted on their boards earlier. It’s magic. Do it.
You can have your storybook ending if you leverage visual boards to help you get there.
A big thanks to Tina Sprinke of Pilates 1901 and Jill Tupper, Mind, Body, Spirit Life Coach, for inspiring this blog, my visionboard and the boards of those in the Pilates Fat Loss Formula program. We tore it up Saturday.
Get Your Free Reinvent Your Look eBook!
I believe that you are experiencing the best time of your life right now.
In my new eBook I will show you timeless beauty tips used by legendary beauties like Cher, Tina Turner and Audrey Hepburn. Now is the time to flaunt yourself not hide yourself or make excuses!
The best part is that my new eBook is yours for Free.
Just enter your best email to tell me where to send it.
Category: Health & Happiness