Are you stuck or in a mental funk this winter? Then go check out Debra Eve’s blog and book Late Bloomers, which is sure to inspire you or any boomer with a pulse to continue blooming and blossoming.
Debra Blossomed at Age 30 and 46
What does your life look like if you had just 10 bullet points to tell it like Debra did below?
Debra Eve (Elle) left a boring aerospace job where she managed contracts to pursue anthropology. Here’s her late blooming life, petal by petal:
- At 30, I entered UCLA to study Anthropology.
- At 32, I spent the summer in the California Channel Islands doing archaeology.
- At 33, I received an Ahmanson Foundation Grant to help Dr. Maria Gimbutas bring her final book to fruition.
- At 35, I excavated a medieval motte in Wales and a Neolithic passage tomb in Ireland.
- At 36, I earned a combined BA and MA in Anthropology, with a specialization in Archaeology.
- At 38, I took up Jeet Kune Do (Bruce Lee’s martial art) and eventually became a beginning class instructor.
- At 40, I backpacked solo across Europe.
- At 41, I learned sword fighting from a real-life modern Amazon while co-managing an Olympic fencing center.
- At 43, I bungy-jumped off a bridge in New Zealand.
- At 44, I attended screenwriting school (and discovered I had neither the desire nor the talent to write movies).
- At 46, I found the love of my life and got married.
My Late Blooming History and Petal Droppings
I’ve bloomed multiple times during my life and career. I began as a wallflower in high school. Turned into a wildflower in college. Entered the work world as a resilient Tiger Lilly (coming back season and season until I got it right) and then transforming into English Ivy — always spreading, covering lots of ground and spiraling upward and onward.
Here’s my business card from a decade ago where I bulleted out my life in as few words as possible. I’m happy to say I have blossomed several dozen times over since then.
I would love to hear your life in bullet points or milestones in the comments below. I know Lauren Taylor Rowe just graduated with her law degree at 50 and that MaryAnn Fry just released her first book, Going Naked Being Seen.
These Monas are late bloomers with bullet points to share. How about you?
Get Your Free Reinvent Your Look eBook!
I believe that you are experiencing the best time of your life right now.
In my new eBook I will show you timeless beauty tips used by legendary beauties like Cher, Tina Turner and Audrey Hepburn. Now is the time to flaunt yourself not hide yourself or make excuses!
The best part is that my new eBook is yours for Free.
Just enter your best email to tell me where to send it.
Category: Career & Money